TO OUR NEWSLETTER
ABOUT KING’S THEATRE
Built in 1921, King’s Theatre has been at the heart of Annapolis Royal’s cultural community for 100 years. It is a favoured venue for performers, known for its enthusiastic audiences, intimate setting, high quality production values, and warm reception from the community. King’s Theatre is able to attract top quality performers on tour from around the world and across Canada, from Buffy Sainte Marie to Jim Cuddy, Jeremy Dutcher, Measha Brueggergosman and George Canyon.
King’s Theatre also supports emerging talent. Fostering a close relationships with the schools and the amateur drama community, there are many opportunities for talent in all genres to learn the ropes here. For many performers, King’s Theatre is their first soft-seat venue, but rarely their last.
King’s Theatre has also served as a movie house for 100 years, transitioning from reel-to-reel to digital projection and surround sound, with programming that ranges from Indie to Hollywood, to work by filmmakers who call Annapolis home.
King’s Theatre is located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of L’nu, also known as the Mi’kmaq Peoples, who have lived and cared for this land since time immemorial. We are honoured to live, work and be a part of the community here on this sacred land. We honour the Peace and Friendship Treaties, some of which were signed right here in Annapolis Royal. We acknowledge that we are all treaty people.
As stewards of culture, King’s Theatre seeks to honour the values of collaboration and inclusivity in all that we do.
When we do have programming, here are some of the ways we are working to make it safe for you at King’s Theatre:
- Seating has been reduced to less than 40% capacity for physical distancing.
- Masks are mandatory throughout the building and during shows.
- Six foot distancing between bubbles throughout the building is required.
- Cloth masks are available by donation.
- Alcoholic drinks are delivered to your seat.
- High-touch surfaces are wiped down frequently.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the theatre.
- Contact-tracing information is gathered.
- If you’re not feeling well or have recently traveled outside the bubble, we ask that you stay home.
- Clear barriers are installed at the Box Office and Velma’s (concession).
King’s Theatre is a top drawer venue in an intimate setting.
We’re in the process of upgrading our technical capacities, so get in touch to find out what’s new!
Looking for ticket and refund information?
STAFF & BOARD
King’s Theatre is governed by an active volunteer Board of Directors and managed by an enthusiastic and knowledgeable staff.
We gratefully acknowledge the support of our government partners.
Nous reconnaissons avec gratitude l’appui de nos partenaires gouvernementaux.