The Annapolis District Drama Group (ADDG) is very excited to unveil six Stage-to-Screen short plays
Developed in conjunction with King’s Theatre, the six Ten Minute plays were carefully selected to allow rehearsal and performance while observing appropriate physical-distancing. Performed on-location at venues in and around town, including a local church, Fort Anne Cafe, Sissiboo Coffee shop, the Annapolis Royal Wharf, and the King’s stage, they were filmed and edited by professionally-experienced cinematographers and cutting room crew. With this project, ADDG has taken community theatre to a new level in Annapolis Royal, despite the current limitations brought by the Covid pandemic!
The plays originate from the pens of award-winning playwrights – as local as Granville Beach, to western Canada, the US, and as far-flung as Australia. The writers themselves have expressed an equal excitement to see their work translated into this new medium, and give their wholehearted blessing to the project!
Each play was created with six very experienced local directors and casts that include many of the Drama Group’s finest actors — including outstanding youth actors. It’s a mix of comedy, pathos & intrigue all in good measure. They will make you laugh, make you cry and make you think; and best of all, they will entertain you.
All six ADDG-to-Screens will be shown each night. A Q&A with selected members of the team, hosted by Simon Bonnington, will follow.
Reserved seating. Come out and see your favourite actors on the Big Screen at King’s and support your local Theatre.
TICKETS for the RED CARPET PREMIERE (actors, directors and crew will be present):
- Adults: $20
- Youth: $8
- Director: Colleen Rowland
- Cast: Nina Habinski and Finn Hafting
- Playwright: William Cissna
IS IT WEDNESDAY?
- Director: Dawn Scott
- Cast: Gloria Saesura and Nancy Anderson
- Playwright: Pam Calabrese MacLean
NEVER GIVE UP
- Director: Sam Cooper
- Cast: Karen Tomasino and Ryan Hebert
- Playwright: James Hutchinson
POOL OF CERBERUS
- Director: Simon Bonnington
- Cast: Gordon Keel and Abigail Bonnington
- Playwright: Alex Broun
- Director: Brian Dickinson
- Cast: Miriam Orlando and Meggie Pozzolo
- Playwright: Katie Thayer
- Director: Wayne Currie
- Cast: Sam Cooper, Emma Tolson and George Clairmont
- Playwright: Wayne Currie
- Videography: Andrew Tolson, and Rhynn Winstead
- Editing: Andrew Tolson, Rhynn Winstead, Oliver Bass and Simon Bonnington
Online ticket sales for this event are closed.