Based on the film by Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger and the Hans Christian Andersen fairytale
A sell-out for its world premiere in 2016, Matthew Bourne’s triumphant adaptation of the legendary film returns to London, having won two Olivier Awards and dazzled audiences across the UK and the USA.
The Red Shoes is a tale of obsession, possession and one girl’s dream to be the greatest dancer in the world. Victoria Page lives to dance but her ambitions become a battleground between the two men who inspire her passion.
THANK YOU TO OUR STAGE TO SCREEN PARTNER
Set to the achingly romantic music of golden-age Hollywood composer Bernard Herrmann, The Red Shoes is orchestrated by Terry Davies and played live by the New Adventures Orchestra, with cinematic designs by Lez Brotherston, lighting by Paule Constable and sound by Paul Groothuis.
With Adam Cooper, returning to New Adventures after more than 20 years, and Ashley Shaw, and Dominic North, Liam Mower, Michela Meazza, Glenn Graham and Cordelia Braithwaite set to revive their acclaimed original roles, this intoxicating drama will dazzle your senses and break your heart.
- ★★★★ “A gorgeous swirl of storytelling and style”- THE INDEPENDENT
- ★★★★ “A brilliant showcase for Bourne’s genius” – DAILY TELEGRAPH
- ★★★★ “Enchanting” – EVENING STANDARD
- ★★★★★ “Dazzling” – THE STAGE
- ★★★★★ “Bourne’s version is masterly” – SUNDAY EXPRESS
- “Matthew Bourne’s theatrical flair makes The Red Shoes a Christmas cracker. Exhilarating entertainment” – THE SUNDAY TIMES
- “A Bourne again tour de force. Every step is etched with his knowledge and passion. A wonderful evening of dance” – THE OBSERVER
- “A feast for the eye. The Red Shoes will be dancing for years to come” – THE OBSERVER
- “Enthralling. Richly satisfying” – THE GUARDIAN
- “A gorgeous take on a film classic” – THE TIMES
- “Magical” – METRO
- CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS ONLINE
- 18 Adult + HST and ticketing fee
- Youth: FREE
- Royalty Card holders get 10% off
- Doors open 30 minutes before showtime.
*Reserved seating. Seats have are been marked to accommodate physical distancing of 6 feet. Face masks are required. Cloth masks are available by donation at King’s Theatre. Thank you!