Anthropology graduate Joanie Little is stuck working as a barista. Rather than let this get her down, she decides to make the most of her “underemployment”. So, much like Jane Goodall did with chimpanzees, this upbeat Miss studies her only available subjects: the eccentric customers of her coffee shop ‘jungle’. Hilarity ensues, with jazzy tunes, co-worker showdowns, life lessons and even a bit of romance. Created and developed by Toronto’s critically acclaimed solo performer, Rebecca Perry, Joanie Little brews up a comedic storm that you won’t want to miss! Confessions of a Redheaded Coffeeshop Girl is the internationally successful show for anyone who has ever had a job they didn’t like.
- “Impeccable comic timing and faultless delivery. Perry is an animated and engaging performer.” – ★★★★★ – The Nouse UK
- “Clever, amusing and wonderfully executed… I would highly recommend you see it.” – Arts Award Voice
- “Her comedic timing is spot on, her acting is superb as she slips in and out of characters, and her singing is pitch perfect. The description for the show says that it’s suitable for ages 9-99 and I think that’s true.” – Mooney on Theatre
- “Loved every minute of Rebecca Perry’s “Confessions of a Redheaded Coffeeshop Girl.” What a talented, generous artist. And, what pipes! Even bought the CD.” – NNNN – Glenn Sumi, NOW Magazine
- “This is solo show performance at its best, with Perry rolling out a cast of characters in Joanie’s world like a wild kingdom field guide. I dare you not to fall in love with Joanie Little – and, by extension, Rebecca Perry.” – Life With More Cowbell
Sold out in more than 20 cities internationally!
- Created and Performed by Rebecca Perry
- Directed by Matt Bernard
- Musical Direction and Arrangements by Quinton Naughton
- Sound Design by: Tim Lindsay
- Lighting Design by Chin Palipane
- Costume Design by Dev Bhim
- Set Design by Dean Johnston
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
General Ticket Price: $30
Member Price: $26
All prices include HST.
Online ticket sales for this event are closed.